Arab quartet accuses UN commission of Qatar bias

news characterize

Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt own strongly condemned the implications of a document by the United Nations Commission on Human Rights (OHCHR) on how severing diplomatic and alternate ties with Qatar affected the country.

In a joint tell issued on Tuesday, the blockading quartet said that the findings of OHCHR, whose members visited Qatar in November 2017, had been misleading, incorrect, and based mostly totally on unfaithful allegations, SPA news company reported.

Rex Tillerson: US ‘negatively impacted’ by the Gulf crisis

When documenting and assessing the impact of the blockade on human rights infringements and violations among Qatar’s inhabitants, the findings illustrious that the actions implemented by the 4 countries had been discriminatory, without ethical basis, amounting to « economic warfare ».

The 4 countries accused the commission of confusion the historical context of ongoing diplomatic crisis.

« The premise of this crisis goes serve to the background of Qatar’s give a boost to for parents and entities internationally involved on financing terrorism and supporting its actions, and promoting their extremist ideology, which incites violence and promotes abominate speech within the Arab situation via Qatari media platforms or funded via Qatari figures, » the tell learn.

The countries also illustrious that it used to be inner their « sovereign appropriate » to chop ties with Doha in picture to give protection to their nationwide security interests.

Gulf crisis: Qatari pilots educate to police skies

In accordance with the document, the measures taken by the quartet had been unilateral, coercive and arbitrary that has had a everlasting impact on the union of households and the social cloth of the situation as a complete.

Earlier this month, Ali Bin Smaikh al-Marri, chairman of Qatar’s National Human Rights Committee (NHRC), knowledgeable a news convention in Qatar’s capital, Doha, that the document proved the blockade used to be arbitrary and racist in nature.

« This document reveals without a spec of doubt that these procedures undertaken by blockading countries are now not mere diplomatic severing of relations, they are now not appropriate an economic boycott, » he said.

He also pointed out the OHCHR team reached out to the blockading countries before releasing the document, but bought no response.

OHCHR representatives conducted interviews with 20 govt and non-governmental organisations, and forty victims for the length of the direction of their overview.

The diplomatic crisis began when the 4 countries imposed an air, sea and land blockade on Qatar on June 5, 2017, accusing it of harbouring « terrorism ». Qatar has many cases denied the allegations. 

Be taught Extra

(Visité 1 fois, 1 aujourd'hui)

Vous aimerez aussi...

Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse e-mail ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *